AYOZE MEDINA Barbería Ayoze Medina
Some vocations are born early in a natural way. This is how Ayoze Medina entered the world of hairdressing when he, at the age of 14, cut his and his friends' hair. In a fluid and calm way, he discovered that he also had the skills to develop his passion, an illusion that still lasts today and that he enjoys in the Ayoze Medina Barber Shop. A salon whose essence is based on merging tradition with the new times and always in full evolution in the barbershop and men's hairdressing sector.
He began his training at the Juan Twin's Academy with the Pivot Point method and after this period he soon began working in barbershops and salons, until, at just 22 years old, in 2009, he decided to start and open his own barbershop, the Ayoze Medina Barber. This space is conceived as a sanctuary for men, for whom a pleasant environment is created that allows them to live a 100% unique experience. The barbershop is in the municipality of Santa María de Guía, in the northwest of Gran Canaria island.
During all this time he has continued to train always with the purpose of offering the best of himself and has attended various courses and masters: The Old School Schorem Barber Academy in the Netherlands, Tony & Guy Academy in Valencia with Rubén Peña, Training in La Barbieria di Milano with Hiro Vitanza, several courses of the American Crew MensWork method with Jesús Muñoz and Paco Vega, as well as various masterclasses with Vishal Baharani, New York BarberShop (Rotterdam) or Barberías con Encanto, among others.
Distinctions and recognitions:
- 2015 Finalist Revelation Barber Barberías con Encanto
- 2016 Finalist Revelation Barber Barberías con Encanto
- 2017 Best Barber in Spain 2017 Charming Barbers
- 2017 International Barber Awards Finalist in Germany (Nuremberg)
- 2017 Star for creativity awarded by TheQHair, the only salon in the Canary Islands to have this star.
- 2018 Finalist All - Star Challenge American Crew
- 2018 Semifinalist of the TCT Awards
- 2018 Best Entrepreneur of the municipality of Santa Maria from TheQhair Salon guide with two stars
- 2018 Finalist Best Barber Barberías con Encanto
- 2020 Top 10 BarberSpain
- 2021 Third most influential barbershop in Spain in the magazine "Soy barbudo"
Also, he is a member of Barberías con encanto Shops and Barbers 3.0.