JULIETTE DEN OUDEN JDO GROUP
Juliette den Ouden is one of the most creative and recognized personalities in the sector. She became part of it very young, at the age of 15 she started working in a small hairdressing salon. Her high motivation allowed her, after a year and a half, to be part of another salon in which she dreamed of working.
At 15 she also began her training as a make-up artist, a profession that she exercises, collaborating since 2001 in film shootings and shows. In addition to make up, she is also specialized in Hairstyling, afro-hair, dark-skin make-up, she is a colourist and followed many personal Development Coaching trainings because she loves to work with and help people.
Since 2012 she constantly travels to work as an international hairdresser and makeup artist, participating in photo shoots for renowned brands, magazines and celebrities.
A crucial moment in her brilliant career was in 2015, when she opened her own academy, JDO Academy, which trains future hair and make-up artists who, together with JDO Salon and JDO Management (the international creative agency with which they collaborate with photographers and videographers and which she founded in 2020) make up his business group, JDO Group.
Her salon is a space in which she highlights the high quality of all her protocols and which has led her to receive numerous awards. In Amsterdam, her city, the salon is synonymous with authenticity and natural beauty, and it is also known for offering clients a unique experience as a result of the innovative and advanced vision of Juliette den Ouden's hairdressing salon.
Her career is full of successes. She has received several important awards:
• First prize in Catwalk category of the Netherlands Championships Make-up (2006)
• First and second prize at the Make-up Awards (2012)
• Nomination in the Woman category at the Coiffure Awards (2013)
• First prize at the Make-up Awards (2013)
• Ranked sixth in the world top 10 at the World Championship Make-up (2014)
• Nomination in the Avant-garde category of the Coiffure Awards (2014)
• Consumer Award and Third Prize in the Woman Coiffure Awards category (2015)
• Created the makeup for the winning collection at the NAHA, North American Hairstyling Award (2016)
• Nominated for Master Hairstylist of the Year in the Makeup category (2016)
• Created the makeup for the winning collection in the Best Hairstylist category for the Ammon Carver Studio salon team in the Makeup category (2016)
• Participation in Pearl Event, dark skin makeup contest (2016)
• First, second and third prize for JDO Academy students (2016)
• Second prize in the Woman category at the Coiffure Awards (2016)
• First prize in the Men's category and second prize in the Women's category at the Coiffure Awards (2017)
• Third prize in the Best Men category of the AIPP Awards (2017)
• Third prize in the Women's Coiffure Awards category (2018)
• First prize in the North Men category and first prize in the Press category at the Coiffure Awards (2019)
• Top 5 International, Best Male Hairdresser at the Oneshot Awards (2019)
• Nominated for Best Male Commercial at the AIPP Awards (2019)
• Nominated in the North Woman, North Men and Press category at the Coiffure Awards (2020)
• Nominated for Best Male Hairdresser at the Oneshot Awards (2020)
• Nominated in the Best Men and Commercial category of the AIPP Awards (2020)
• First prize in the North Woman category, second in the North Men category and second in the Press category (2020 - 2021 edition)
• Coiffure Awards Hairdresser of the Year (2020 - 2021 edition)
• Shortlisted in the Hairdresser of the Year category at the IH Awards (2022)
• 2nd Runner Up in the Best Men category at the AIPP Awards (2022)
She is also an ambassador for brands such as Denman and Authentic Beauty Concept.
She frequently collaborates with artists such as photographer Michelle van Dijk, Rahi Rezvani, Zilla van den Born, Hans de Vries, Richard Monsieurs, and stylist Anat Dychtwald.
She, too, is an active part of charitable organizations, as an ambassador for Hairdressers Without Borders. In addition, she raises funds for the creation of a foundation to help people with albinism in Tanzania. She is also developing a project in Africa that will start next year. Focused on offering educational programs for local people so they can work in the film industry after education and internship through JDO. She is one of the founder of the Work of Contrast organization.